Dental implants are one of the most versatile treatment options for replacing missing teeth. We have found that many patients who initially opt for removable dentures end up switching over to dental implants and experience very positive results. These patients enjoy a higher quality of life and find that it is much easier to eat and speak properly with dental implants. Dental implants can improve the aesthetics of your smile and also help to prevent bone loss. They look, feel, and function just like your real teeth!
- Titanium composition
- Dental implants are made of titanium which is naturally compatible with the body. The implant fuses with the jaw bone.
- The base of the implant is designed just like the tooth root and provides a very secure foundation.
- Replace one or more teeth
- Dental implants can replace a single missing tooth or an entire arch of missing teeth.
- Long term success rate
- As long as you maintain your oral health, dental implants should not need to be replaced.
- Preserve the bone
- Since dental implants stimulate the jaw bone, they do not contribute to jaw bone loss and help to prevent bone deterioration.
- Non-compatible materials
- Dentures are made from materials that are not compatible with the body, which can cause gum tissue irritation.
- Dentures are not placed in a fixed location, so they often shift and move around easily in the mouth.
- Can replace several or all teeth
- Dentures are not typically suitable for replacing a single missing tooth.
- Require replacement
- Most denture wearers need to have dentures relined or replaced every five to seven years.
- Contribute to bone loss
- Since dentures sit on the gums, the jaw bone is not stimulated. The denture wearer may experience bone loss as a result.
Learn more about dentures and dental implants during your consultation with Dr. Guirguis. Call our office in Elyria or Westlake, OH to schedule your appointment today!