What is LANAP®?
Many adults suffer from gum disease, but only some end up getting the treatment they need. Until recently, the majority of treatment options for gum disease involved gum surgery that would cut away both infected and healthy tissue. Patients now have an alternative in this minimally invasive laser treatment that targets only the infected tissues while leaving healthy tissue intact.
Dr. Guirguis uses the PerioLase® MVP-7™and the LANAP® protocol to perform gum surgery without incisions and sutures. Patients enjoy less downtime with this procedures and minimal to no gum recession. The LANAP® protocol is an FDA cleared treatment for gum disease and is backed by extensive research. It offers the highest standard of care for patients diagnosed with gum disease and can often save teeth. The laser treatment is also effective for regenerating bone tissue around the tooth.
Benefits of LANAP® Treatment
Some of the key benefits of LANAP® laser treatment include:
- Fast healing time
- This is a minimally invasive procedure that allows the body to heal and recover very quickly.
- Minimal discomfort
- Patients experience very little pain or discomfort because LANAP® treatment is a highly specific procedure and does not involve incisions.
- Less downtime
- Many patients who undergo laser gum surgery can return to their regular schedules the same day!
- No gum recession
- LANAP® treatment does not affect the gum line like traditional gum surgery, and typically does not contribute to gum recession.
- Reduced inflammation and bleeding
- The PerioLase® MVP-7™ can eradicate up to 90 percent of inflammation in the mouth after a single visit.
- Minimal bleeding
- Dr. Guirguis can easily control bleeding with laser treatment.
- Saves teeth
- The laser can help to preserve teeth and regenerates supporting bone.
- The LANAP® protocol has zero contraindications.
Do you need gum surgery? Learn more about the LANAP® protocol in Elyria or Westlake, OH by scheduling your appointment with Dr. Guirguis today!